Thursday, July 7, 2011

SuperPeanutMomma Ring

Peanut -

Momma has a very special ring that holds very special, SuperPeanutMomma powers.  The ring was a gift from Aunt Dru a few weeks after your death, and is a beautiful representation of your initials.  It was specially designed and created with you in mind, and I wear it every single day.

On days like today, the true impact of this ring's power stuns me.  A series of events happened back-to-back today that once upon a time would have evoked a very frustrated, stressful response from me.  And, I felt the urge creeping up behind me today.  But, I touched my right hand, felt the ring and traced the outline of your initials, and immediately everything rocketed back into perspective.

I was reminded take a step back, take a deep breath, and ask questions rather than jump to assumptions.  That everyone wants to do good work.  No one woke up saying, "I'm going to REALLY screw something up at work today.  That sounds like fun."  And, nothing that happened today was going to cause the world to explode, so why not just help someone learn from this instance?  I walked out of the office at the end of the day with a bit of a smile.

So, I'm convinced the ring is my SuperPeanutMomma ring.  Most days I'm just me.  But on days like today, the ring holds the power of the Peanut Effect and makes me the person I aspire to be...the person you brought out in me and continue to bring out in me.

Peanut, I love you and your impact on me and the world.  I'm holding you close to my heart and sending you a giant I LOVE YOU...to the moon and back!

- Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment