Sunday, July 3, 2011

Slumber Party Smiles

Peanut -

Last year - July 4, 2010 - you had a sleepover night at Grandma and Grandpa's house while Momma and Dadda went to see John Legend at Fair St. Louis.  We dropped you off after the annual Webster Parade, and told my parents we'd be back the next morning and to call if they needed ANYTHING.  We were worried because you were cutting a lot of new teeth but also knew you guys would have tons of fun.  In Grandma and Grandpa's world, you hung the moon, stars and sun.

Sure enough, when we came to get you the next day, I wasn't sure you wanted to come back with us!  It was clear you guys had played and laughed and had a fantastic time.  But, we got you packed up and home for an afternoon swim and snack which made everything better!  A few hours later, Grandpa e-mailed me a bunch of your slumber party photos full of Peanut smiles and joy.  I cherish these photos.  They are unposed, taken in candid moments of peak-a-boo, bouncing and clapping.  When I look at them I can feel your joy.  Your sunshine.

Peanut, I'm missing you with all my heart...every second, every moment.  I desperately wish I could relive just one more day, one more afternoon, one more moment, with you.  In the absence of that possibility I rely on your photos and videos like oxygen.  I pray for Peanut-dreams tonight, and send you all my love, sweet boy.  To the moon and back.

- Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment