Saturday, July 2, 2011

Electronic Footprints

Peanut -

Momma went shopping for some maternity clothes today.  You know, because I gave everything away after we had you.  Why keep it all?  We had our perfect little boy.  No more kids because we had Peanut.  But...then we lost you.  Now, here it is mid-summer, expecting twins and I have nothing that will zip or button.

So, I went in to one of the stores I frequented when I was pregnant with you.  Picked up a few items, tried them on, and got up to the register to pay.  When the sales associated asked for my phone number, I gave it to her without thinking.  She looked at my information, flashed me a big smile and said, "I see you've shopped with us before!  How old is your baby now?"

I hesitated.  Should I answer as if you, Peanut, were still here?  Tell her "the story?"  Hmmm...I almost simply said, "Oh, he's 22 months."  But that felt wrong.  Unfair to you, 'Nut.  So, I took a deep breath and told her, "My little boy, Connor, was 16.5 months when he passed away.  He's one of the main forces behind the twins I'm now expecting."

While she looked a little stunned, she gracefully said, "That is amazing.  Wow.  I'm sorry...and, congratulations."

And, I was instantly glad I chose to tell her the truth.

The Power of the Peanut.

I love you Nutbrown Hare.  To the moon and back!

- Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment