Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chips and Salsa? Deeeeeeeeeelicious!

Peanut -

Yay!  A wonderful, funny, happy memory came flooding back to me while having dinner tonight at Vallarta - our (your) favorite mexican restaurant.  Vallarta is where we went to dinner with you at least twice per week...maybe even more often after Dadda and I discovered how much you loved their refried beans and rice!  It's also where we hosted your fantastic Elmo-themed 1st birthday party.  Everyone who works there just adored you, and I can see on their faces how much they miss you.  Every time Dadda and I show up, just the two of us, they struggle asking, "Table for two"?  It was the three of us for so long.

Tonight there was a family sitting near us who had a little blonde-haired girl...maybe 2-years old?  She was in a high chair happily munching away on plain chips until she discovered the salsa.  After a quick taste-test (and a delighted squeal), she proceeded to carefully dip each and every chip in the salsa, then gently guided the salsa drenched chips into her mouth.  Never once getting her girly dress dirty!

At that moment I remembered your total love of the chips and salsa.  We never even had to show you how to do it.  You simply watched me and Dadda eating/dipping chips in the salsa and before we knew it you grabbed a chip, reached across the table to dip it in the salsa, then it went straight into your mouth.  Deeeeeeeeeeelicious!  No mess, no drama.  Smart Peanut.

What a wonderful, unexpected memory.  Pure delight for Momma.  Peanut, Peanut, Peanut...I love you so very much, and am extremely thankful for the happy memories.  They bring smiles when we need them the most.  Like tonight.  My amazing little boy, I love you - to the moon and back!

- Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment