Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Family Photos

Peanut -

I have one really, really big regret.  Something we didn't do before we lost you...a mistake I will never, ever make again.  We never took a true family photo.  While we have thousands of pictures of you, which I will treasure for the rest of my life, we don't have any full "family" pictures with you, me, Dadda and your four half-siblings.  For his birthday in October, I gave Dadda a photo shoot with our favorite photographer, Heidi Drexler (http://www.heididrexlerphotography.com/blog/), but we kept finding reasons to postpone.  There is always a reason.  Someone wants to lose weight.  Or, the weather isn't perfect.  Or, let's wait until Peanut is just a little older.  Unfortunately, you will never get older.  And, we will never get that photo.

Readers, if it's been over a year since you took a family photo, or if you've never had one taken, make plans tomorrow!  Don't let another day, another week, slip by.  Capture the happy moments you have, and keep them close to your heart.  There is no guarantee you will have them tomorrow, next month or next year.  But, I can guarantee you will ALWAYS want to remember them.  It's the photos that keep our memories alive when everything else begins to fade.

Peanut, I'm including one of the few photos we have of you, me and Dadda.  It was taken by Heidi at your 3-month photo shoot.  I am eternally grateful to her for suggesting and taking this picture since it never occurred to us to actually be in any of the photos!  I love looking at how happy we are in this picture...our complete, content little family.  I look at this picture and remember what "perfect" felt like.

My heart feels awfully ragged tonight, Peanut.  I am missing you terribly.  I'm sending you love, hugs and kisses - to the moon and back!

- Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment