Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Your Backyard Friends!

Peanut -

I miss watching the Backyardigans with you every night at 7:00 pm CT.  That was our schedule.  After, of course, WHEEL OF FORTUNE we switched over to Pablo, Tyrone, Uniqua and the other Backyardigans for 30 minutes of singing, dancing and general happiness.  We loved that show.  Yes.  You, I and Dadda. We ALL loved that show.  The title song always got you dancing and clapping with your HUGE Peanut smile.  Sometimes the story didn't capture your attention, but the music always re-engaged.  Bum-bum-bah-bum-BUM-buh-bum-ba....Your Backyard Friends....!

After the show we had your bedtime story, then a kiss (MWAHHH) goodnight.  I still keep the last part of the routine every night, but it's missing my Peanut.  I haven't been able to watch any of your shows, but I do still read your stories, kiss your stuffed animals, and light your nightlight.  Mr. Snuffles sits in your room and waits for you day after day, night  after night.  I wonder, should I bring him out?  Bring him to bed with me?  No....

Peanut, I dream of you dancing and enjoying the music in heaven.  In particular, with our family members who have preceded us...often, my uncle who was Julliard accepted and always had a special music connection with me.  I had a dream of him with you at a piano bench surrounded by other family members in a school cafeteria.  You were all laughing and enjoying the jazz, blues and soul.  Oh, how I love that image.  It reminds me of Thanksgiving 2010, when I played the piano with you at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  (pictures included)  We rocked the house!

I love and miss you so much, sweet Peanut.  To the moooooooooon and back.
- Momma


2 comments:

  1. The story of this sweet little angel, who walked among humans for a while, touched my heart...

    ReplyDelete