Monday, May 9, 2011

Give. Me. That. BOOK!

Peanut -

One of your most favorite recreational activities, beginning around 1-year, was to clear off our bookshelves...much to Momma's dismay.  No matter how tightly I packed those books in, your sheer will and determination always won the day.  I'd find you surrounded by a sea of my books, with you patiently paging through them, as if you were scanning each and every page.  Only once did you really try to tear the pages out, which I now find truly remarkable.

There was one book in particular that held a bizarre fascination for you.  Tom Robbins' "Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates" with its orange and red spine.  Even if you left every other book alone, that one was comin' out!  I finally had to move the book to a higher shelf, since that book was the victim of your page tearing wrath.  I happened to glance at the bookshelf today, and that book caught my eye.  It brought such a huge smile to my face, and I laughed out loud.  No wonder you always pulled it out - it's BRIGHT orange!  Just like the butterflies you've been sending Momma every day...

You absolutely loved books, and were constantly bringing me more books to read to you.  As you got older, you had your favorites that you would "read" on your own...a sight that warmed my heart.  I have always adored reading and writing.  It's part of the reason I write this blog - these letters to you are the only way I know to truly, clearly express my heart.

I'm sharing a photo today that is just...well...perfect.  It's you holding your very own, miniature copy of the US Constitution.  Yes, that's right.  The Constitution.  And I say "holding" but it's more like you're attempting to absorb it.

Peanut, thanks for the laugh today.  Momma needed it.  I love you sooooooo much.  You know how much?  To the moon and back!

- Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment