Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Jean Diapers & Fierce Love

Peanut -

I came across the following quote today, and it spoke to my heart:


"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world.  It knows no law, no pity, it dates all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path." (Agatha Christie)


Well said, Ms. Christie.  And, I will take it one step further.  There is something very special, powerful about the love - the bond - between a mother and her son.  Peanut, I always felt that you and I could read each other's souls and thoughts.  There was and is an electric bond between us.  I truly believe it's why I feel, sense and receive so many signs from you on a daily basis.

It's funny.  The first four months I was pregnant with you, I was convinced I was having a little girl.  I actually called you "Daisy" those first months, much to Dadda's dismay.  My morning sickness was so awful that first trimester, I lost 12 pounds.  And I constantly craved sweets, which is totally unlike the salt-lover in me.  All the old wives tales say those signs point to carrying a girl.  Boy, were they wrong!

After we found out you were a boy, I was a little scared.  I mean, what did I know about raising a boy???  I wasn't brought up around boys.  Girls - easy.  But...a boy?  I know, I know, silly Momma!  Oh Peanut, I am so thankful I got to experience the love of a mother-son relationship.  From the moment I first felt you move in my belly, I knew my little boy had my heart and soul forever.  From the start, you were stubborn and feisty, just like me.

I'm sharing two photos from one of my most favorite days of the week - Friday.  They are from last summer, on a day when I let you hang out in your cool jean diapers and Superfriends t-shirt.  You decided you'd had enough of the "baby gate" and stood there rattling it, giant binky in mouth, for several minutes.  Every few moments you'd glance at me, just to make sure I was watching!  See, like I said - stubborn, feisty Peanut!

My sweet, funny, goofy little boy.  I love you so very much.  To the moon and back, in fact.  (And, beyond...)

- Momma


No comments:

Post a Comment