Friday, April 29, 2011

Monkey Toes!

Peanut -

Today has been a roller-coaster of emotions.  Too much to share, and almost too much for Momma to process and fully experience.  So, instead, I'm thinking back and hanging on to a piece of you that always brought me laughter...and connected you so tightly to your sweet, loving Dadda.

Your toes.

Monkey toes, to be specific.

I swear, you and Dadda could grip, pull, carry, and bruise just about anything with your toes, once you set your minds to it.  I knew the day you were born - you had Dadda's crazy toes that almost resembled hands.  And you instantly knew how to use them!  You wrestled out of your swaddle using those toes.  You would grip my thumbs with your big toes.  Later, I'd find you grabbing Cheerios between those same, dexterous baby toes.  Monkey toes!

Last summer I took several pictures of you in your swing, and unintentionally got two perfect shots of Mr. Monkey Toe.   This is what I share today.  This is what I hang on to with a smile through the heartbreak.  I miss you.  I miss our life.  But, I would never trade the experience or the memories.

To the moon and back, Peanut.
- Momma


No comments:

Post a Comment