Friday, August 12, 2011

A Little Bit of Chicken Fried

Peanut!

Momma stumbled across a perfect, special treat this morning.  This Friday morning.  Friday - the day I always worked from home with you and enjoyed the Today Show Summer Concert Series "Peanut style" bouncing, singing and dancing.  This August 12 morning...exactly 1-month before your second birthday.

I was hunched over my computer, getting caught up on e-mails for the day with the Today Show playing in the background in my usual, feeble attempt to dull the echo of silence throughout the house.  Since I'd been running around getting showered and set-up for the day, I missed all the promos for this morning's featured band, but I could hear the crowd cheering.  Then...hey...is that?  The Zac Brown Band?  And...CHICKEN FRIED?!  Before I even realized it, a huge smile came across my face.

You see, Peanut, your teachers from school shared a delightful story about you just a few months ago.  One afternoon last winter they were playing music, getting ready for school to wind down for the day.  "Chicken Fried" came on the stereo, and before they could change the song, your teachers noticed you were grinning and dancing away blissfully.  Of course, you danced with such enthusiasm you fell down before the end of the song, but bounced right back up!  And, when the song ended, you gave them a look pleading for them to play it again.  So...they did.  Peanut dance party.

I used to play that song in the car with you - me singing along, and you kicking your feet against your car seat.  So, to hear that story from your teachers brought me such joy...it created a whole new memory for me, something I didn't get to see or experience, but something that was soooooo perfectly Peanut.

So, when I heard the song playing live, on the Today Show this morning, I couldn't help it.  I laughed.  And, I danced.  For the first time in 7 months, I danced.  And you know what?  I could feel you laughing and dancing with me, right there in the room.

Peanut, your presence is strong and real today.  I can almost feel you and your tight bedtime hugs.  Tonight, I'm sending you off to bed with a hug, kiss and a giant "I love you - to the moon and back!"

- Momma



 

No comments:

Post a Comment