Monday, August 22, 2011

A Big Little Life

Peanut -

Momma started a book this weekend that is truly inspirational.  Joyful.  Touching.  It is billed as a "memoir" but I think it really is a letter of love and devotion from a man to his wonderful, beloved dog...a dog who was truly his angel.  The author?  Dean Koontz.  Who woulda thunk?  This famous fiction/horror writer, who it turns out has a heart of faith and undying love.  Who discovered new depths in his own capacity to love when this amazing Golden Retriever, Trixie, was introduced into his life.

Peanut, this is the book I would want to write for you.  This is the book you deserve.  As I turn each page, I feel and experience Koontz's love for his furry angel.  His smiles and laughter are shared by the reader.  The book is infused with joy, memories and a sense of true appreciation for everything Trixie taught Koontz and his wife.  While there is a sense of grief over her loss, it isn't the central theme of the book.  And, I love that.

What's interesting is I'm not even 50% finished with this book and I've already discovered a powerful, emotional connection to this family's journey...it has caught Momma off-guard.  But I am so glad - overjoyed - that I found this story.  It has inspired me to think better, to act better, to be better because of you, Peanut.  Because of your "big little life."

So, tonight I'm going to continue reading this wonderful book, that inspires so much joy in my heart and mind, and I'm going to think about you.  Because, Peanut, you're what I think about 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Sending you oodles and oodles of Momma love and kisses...to the moon and back!

- Momma


1 comment:

  1. Lynn, you write with such passion and colorful creativity. As I have told you before, and as I shared with my daughter Liz the other day, you might think about writing children's books one day. After your new precious "bean" is born and you have a chance to settle in, maybe you could think about stories to share with Peanut's new brother or sister and other children as well, just as you have with little Peanut and your daily blog. You would have many followers and readers.

    ReplyDelete