Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dance Party Peanut

Peanut -

On this date last year, you were busy dancing the afternoon away in your diaper with a giant smile on your face.  Your background music?  The singing puppy dog who could switch between music, colors, and various words.  Well, you figured that puppy out within a matter of weeks, and knew exactly which buttons to push to get not just the music, but your very favorite song for bouncing and dancing.

I can't believe you're gone when I watch videos like this one.  It breaks my brain to comprehend that just last year, on this very day, you were dancing, laughing and growing up before our eyes.  Just one year ago, I thought we would have you for a lifetime.

So, I share this video to remind myself just how fleeting life can be.  That perfect happiness is not permanent and should be appreciated every moment of every day.  Take nothing for granted.  Live with love and remember with the heart - not just the brain.

Peanut, I'm missing you so much this week, it hurts.  In the daylight hours I have been able to put on my mask of normalcy, but in the stillness of evening, when I sit down to write to you, the pain is overwhelming.  I love you with every fiber of my being.  To the moon and back...

- Momma


No comments:

Post a Comment