Saturday, August 27, 2011

Froggy Hitchhikers

Peanut -

Well, here we are, at Big Cedar Lodge for a week of vacation.  There is such an absence, a void, without you here with us but...guess who stowed away?  Yep.  That's right.  Not one, but TWO froggies!!!  They have taken up residence in our room, right on the mantle of the fireplace, where they can check out all the in-room activity while also looking out over the lake.  Perfect positioning, smart froggy friends.

As expected, we are surrounded by memories of you which have led to a lot of stories, memories, laughter and heartache.  It is truly bitter and sweet all mushed into one gooey emotion...to quote Big Head Todd and the Monsters, "It's bittersweet, more sweet than bitter.  Bitter than sweet."

Dadda and I feel your presence here with us, and we know you are still very much an active part of this vacation.  As I take in the natural beauty of the landscape, the sunsets and sunrises, the wildlife that surrounds us in this amazing place, I feel you living and breathing and surging through my soul.

So, I get ready for a night of sleep and Peanut dreams, and am thankful to be in a beautiful place infused with wonderful, joyful memories of my Peanut.  I know you are still here with us.  I love you sweet boy - to the moon and back!

- Momma





No comments:

Post a Comment