Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Touched By Light

Peanut -

Tonight Momma looked through lots and lots of Peanut photos looking for The Perfect Picture.  What is the purpose of this picture?  Well...it's the picture for your very special birthday cake.  And it became more and more important to find the right picture with the right expression from the right time period.  Which was hard.  Because there are so many perfect Peanut pics!

In the midst of the great photo search, I stumbled across a picture that summed up every thought, feeling, discussion I've had about you and your old, wise soul.  It's from a series of photos taken last October while you were chowing down on Cheerios and steamed veggies in your high chair.  You're wearing a funny little Frankenstein Halloween bib, and alternating between serious and totally hilarious expressions.  Except for this photo.  When I look at this photo, I feel you staring into my soul.  I can imagine you in heaven, bathed in radiance.  I see my Peanut Angel.

I had forgotten about this particular picture. What a joy to rediscover it.  Seeing it tonight warms my heart and soothes my soul.  Sending you Momma love and hugs and kisses and forehead bumps - to the moon and back, my little angel.

-Momma





No comments:

Post a Comment