Friday, September 16, 2011

In Search of Hope

Peanut -

Momma is in search of inspiration. Hope. That search has led to my favorite spot - the words and musings of others. Momma's heavy heart is finding it hard to share too many personal thoughts this evening, but did want to share a few of the more meaningful, impactful quotes:

“Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.” (Eskimo Proverb)

“Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all.” (Emily Dickenson)

“Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it.” (Bill Cosby)

Peanut, I know you are here with me tonight.  I know you are feeling my love, my sadness...I know you are in my soul as I grapple with questions, decisions, and this desperate sorrow.  Momma is sending you love and hugs and kisses - to the moon and back, Peanut.

- Momma

(Note: Photos taken exactly 2 years ago.)


No comments:

Post a Comment