Thursday, March 31, 2011

Our MVP

Peanut -

Today is the Cardinals' home opener.  As we've done every year since we started dating, Dadda and I are heading to the game.  But this year's celebration is bittersweet because we don't have you.

Two years ago, I was pregnant and battling morning sickness at the game.  It was freezing cold, snowing/raining and the only thing I could stomach?  Chocolate chip cookies.  But I was so excited about YOU.  So joyful because we were just past the first trimester, and you were a healthy baby...I didn't even know we were having a boy at that point.

Last year you spent the day with grandma and grandpa while Dadda and I enjoyed a day out in the gorgeous weather.  We were so excited about our wonderful new life, with this amazing little boy.  While at the game we bought you a cool "Future STL Cardinals MVP" baseball cap, in anticipation of taking you to the Kid's Home Opener that weekend...and what we thought would be years of games to come.  But, that's not the hand we were dealt.

Today is a sad day for me.  I'm trying hard to find joy in the memories, but the start of baseball season makes your loss even more real, more sharp.  I looked back at the the pictures we took before your very first baseball game, and have shared a few below.  Please, come to the game with us today.

Love and miss you terribly -
Momma

 

1 comment: