Sunday, March 20, 2011

What's the story, Morning Glory?

Peanut -

Every weekend you and Dadda would let me sleep in a little, while the two of you hung out on the couch and watched saved episodes of Handy Manny, The Backyardigans or (god forbid) Dr. Phil.  Around 7am I would come into the kitchen and grab a glass of ice water.  The second you heard the ice maker you would pop your head up over the back of the couch and look for YOUR Momma.  As soon as you found me, you would bounce up and down excitedly until I made it over your way for a giant hug.  You would bury your face in my hair, and that's how I remember us starting every weekend morning.

That memory brings so much love and warmth to my heart, but also makes me ache for you.  The house, our hearts and arms are so empty; we are struggling to fill the void.

I've included two of my favorite pictures of you, taken last February, right after we bought our new Cannon.  You were the subject of all my "learning experiences" with that camera.  As a result, we have almost 3,000 pictures of The Peanut.  For that, I am eternally grateful.

We are supposed to get all your bedding and other items from the police on Tuesday.  While I know seeing those items will rip the band-aid off my heart, I can't wait to see Elmo again.

Love and miss you more than I can express.
- Momma

1 comment:

  1. "Ache"is such an appropriate choice of words. My heart aches for you, Lynn. I will continue to pray for you and Shaun. The two of you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete