Saturday, March 19, 2011

Weekends might be the hardest.

Peanut -

I think I miss you most on the weekends.  You were "the schedule."  Everything we did revolved around you.  And it was AWESOME.  Peanut-time was all good.  We are struggling with what to do with all this time, space and and emptiness.  Henry The Puppy has helped, but it's just not the same.

Today has been especially hard since we finished the final round of thank you cards, and packed up some of your room today.  I got to look back at your "First Year" book, all the cards from your baby showers, birth and first birthday, and all your toys and books.  You loved your books.  And all those toys that made a ton of noise!

One of the memories that makes me laugh and cry the most revolves around the Friday I was home with you and put you in those fantastic jean diapers and your superhero t-shirt.  We had just given you your own TV remote (disabled, of course) since you were so enamored with the real remote.  And, you had just gotten a whole bunch of new teeth!  (Yes, check out the giant binky!)  It was all coming together and you were so full of yourself.  It warmed my heart and made me realize you were my little superhero.  You saved me from me.

Thank you for teaching me to love and to open my heart.
- Momma



No comments:

Post a Comment