Saturday, March 31, 2012

You Are The Sun, You Are The Rain...

Peanut -

Momma came across a Native American poem this morning that spoke to my heart.  It so beautifully, so perfectly sums up how I think of you and your constant presence in every moment of every day.  
I immediately shared it with a group of special, grieving women I've gotten to know through this journey, hoping it might speak to them as well.

So many of the quotes, poems, passages that speak to my soul come from other cultures.  It fascinates me to observe how other cultures view, ritualize, speak and write about death.  Those who describe it as part of the circle of life, who don't see death as an end but, rather, a passage to another state of being truly resonate with my beliefs.

I give you this one thought to keep -
I am with you still - I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not think of me as gone -
I am with you still - in each new dawn.

While you aren't here for me to hold, you are still here for me to love.  I still sing and read to you.  I talk to you in the still of night.  And, I write you these letters every week knowing you hear my heart.

Sending you love and butterfly kisses, Peanut.  To the moon and back!

- Momma

Lighting up the room - and Elmo - with your laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment