Saturday, January 28, 2012

Do A Little Dance...

Peanut -

On your First Angel Anniversary - which was this Thursday, January 26 - Momma made a request of her friends and family via Facebook.  It was pretty simple, actually.  Just a little action, a little gesture, to honor you.  To remember you.

I asked people to dance.

On a day that could have been devastating, I chose to smile, laugh and dance through my tears.  And, in that moment, I touched my little boy via joyful, wonderful memories.  I relived an afternoon of Disney movies and dancing with you, my Peanut.  You entered my heart as I grooved to Louis Prima belting out "I Wanna Be Like You" and you lifted my soul.  I cried and cried, realizing I will never again get to dance like that with you, but am immensely thankful for the memory.  For that day.  For those dances.

So, it just made sense to ask others to honor you through dance - to that song, in particular.  I have a vision of you watching us from heaven, cracking up as all these silly people jump and jive to one of your favorite songs from one of your favorite movies.  What a sight we must be!

But, Peanut, here's where things get really amazing.  Here is where your Peanut Effect fully reveals its impact.  Within hours of me posting that request on Facebook, I noticed this blog was getting more hits than usual.  A lot more.  And then I started getting e-mails and little messages from readers - some who have followed this journey all year, others just reading for the first time.  Every note was full of love and kindness.  And, every reader let me know they were dancing.  Dancing for YOU.

Peanut, you had people dancing in Germany, the United Kingdom, South Africa, Australia, Canada, Argentina, Guatemala, Israel...and more!  Pretty stunning.  A broken-hearted Momma sheds a tear of love in St. Louis, MO and her spirit is lifted by someone dancing half a world away in honor of one incredible little boy.  Her Peanut.

So, tonight I hope you and your friends are having your own dance party in heaven - maybe you learned a few new moves this week?!  Sending you Momma love, hugs and butterfly kisses...to the moon and back.

- Momma


No comments:

Post a Comment