Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Tyler

Peanut -

There is a new little boy in heaven, and I know in my heart you are looking out for him along with your little band of angel brothers.  His name is Tyler, and he is only 13-months old.  And he needs love, hugs, comfort.

Yesterday, across the St. Louis area there was a frantic search for this little boy, only to have the search end in what was thought to be the final tragedy.  His lifeless body was found in a wooded area, near a cemetery.  Then, this morning, the tragedy escalated.  Tyler's mom was arrested, charged with 2nd degree murder.  She confessed that in a moment of rage and frustration over her crying son, she beat him to death and dumped his body in the woods.  This little, adorable, innocent boy.  Thirteen months old.  The person he trusted most in this world, his momma, was the last person he saw while being beaten to death.  The fright, the confusion he must have felt.  It defies understanding.

But now...now he's with you.  In a safe place, surrounded by love and laughter.  Peace.

This tragedy has torn Momma's heart to pieces.  Peanut, I would give my life to have you back on this earth.  I would give anything and everything just to have you back in my arms.  So, to hear of a mom who batters her son to the point of death...kills him because he won't stop crying...it makes me so angry.  Anger is not an emotion I feel easily.  It is an emotion I haven't given in to over the last 10 months.  But, it is the emotion I feel throughout my mind, body and soul today.

There are so many resources out there for parents who are on the brink of rage, abuse.  There are so many other families out there who would love and cherish these children.  There are just no good answers or reasons for Tyler's life and story to end in this senseless tragedy.

Peanut, I am sending you an extra bundle of Momma love tonight.  Please share it with little Tyler.  Let him know he's safe.  He's loved.  He's home.

I love you soooooo much, my precious little son.  My little guardian.  My sunshine.  To the moon and back.

- Momma

 

No comments:

Post a Comment